Mini Gluten-Free Pies

Thursday, March 1, 2012


I made these delicious treats recently and LOVED them. I modified several recipes while adding a few of my own steps and couldn't be happier with the result. They were too good not to share...

Mini Gluten Free Pies

For the crust:

2 1/3 c. GF flour (I'll update this post with a link to the one I used)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 sticks unsalted butter
1/2 c. ice cold water

Directions: Preheat oven to 425 °
Cut the butter into 1" cubes and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
After mixing ingredients together (slowly adding cold water one tablespoon at a time), roll dough out and wrap well in plastic wrap. Keep in fridge for 25-30 minutes.

While you're waiting on the dough...

For the Filling:

3 cups of berries (I used blackberries)
1 tsp. almond extract
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. GF flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 large egg (for brushing)

Directions: Stir everything together except the egg. I made these mini pies by baking them in a cupcake tin. To get the shape, I used the lid of a sour cream container to cut into the dough, then placed it in the tin and molded it to fit. From there, fill each cupcake space with as much yummy filling as you wish. And the the best part...playing with top crust designs...Don't forget to brush the top with the egg.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, watching closely. Once the juices are bubbling, you'll know they're done.
Let cool for at least an hour!

And there you have it. Super easy, super yummy mini pies.

Bon Appétit!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Le Robin's Nest All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger